As a Software Engineer, you will work as an Optum Product Technology Specialist with our commercial carrier’s clients in all phases of project implementation. You will work closely with internal Optum product and engineering teams to design, build, and deliver enterprise class software solutions with the last cloud and machine learning technologies. We have a very talented team of engineers who have a passion for technology. Our culture is based on innovation and work/life balance with a casual dress code and flexible work schedule. If you have a passion to use cutting edge technology and the drive to work independently and deliver innovative solutions, we hope you will join our team.
- Develop web-based applications and components using Microsoft technologies (.NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, etc.)
- Develop back-end components and services (Databases, Web Services, Windows Services, Micro services)
- Explore new software technologies and build prototypes based on those technologies
- Work with product support staff to troubleshoot technical issues
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft development stack (.NET C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server etc.)
- Master's degree obtained
- Web Services / SOAP / REST Development
- Design patterns (MVC, IoC, OOO, etc.)
- UML modeling/documentation experience
- Ability to work in a scrum/agile team environment
- Experience troubleshooting production issues
- Experience giving presentations in a professional environment
- Competent client facing and interacting with others
If you're the kind of thinker and leader who wants to bring your contribution to a new level every day, bring yourself over to Optum. You'll discover an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.