Positions in this function deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools, platforms and services, typically for an external customer or end user. Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines. Applies knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems. Works closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
- Requirements gathering, service-oriented modeling, analysis and design activities
- Evaluate requirements and lead scrum team to define User stories and Tasks to accomplish objectives.
- Communicate solution to the scrum team product owner and other business stakeholders at varying levels of the organization
- Serve as a scrum team member and collaborate with the scrum master and delivery leader
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Define, use and communicate design patterns and best practices in service oriented analysis, design and development
- Collaborate with the scrum team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Develop strategies to improve service development life cycle and governance processes
- Develop detailed source-to-target data mapping and data transformation rules
- Defines test plans/test cases and execute them
- Develop and use enterprise service and data models
Know that this opportunity comes with big potential and big challenges. You will be challenged daily to better improve the customer experience. The work takes an ability to solve technical and strategic challenges using innovative approaches. You'll be using complex data to support business decisions and you'll need to demonstrate collaborative, creative and conceptual thinking.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in Systems Analysis or IT Development
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle/System Development Life Cycle
- 3+ years of experience translating business requirements into a detailed solution definition
- 2+ years Healthcare claim and/or healthcare encounter data and concepts
- Proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- 3+ years of Relational Database experience
- UnitedHealth Group work experience
- Health care claims and encounter reporting experience
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- PLSQL, Java and Unix experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience in using CA Rally Agile Application
- Experience in using ORACLE databases and SQL query writing capabilities
- Experience with EDI X12 Healthcare data exchange formats: 837, 835, 277, 999
- Experience with NCPDP pharmacy data exchange formats
- Ability to work with proprietary data exchange formats
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona