The Software Engineering Leader (Salesforce Technology) manages team members through specific team tasks, including system or process maintenance, new project delivery, and production issue resolution. Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision. Sets goals to ensure the success of the Team. Creates and manages the department expense budget. Performs all human resource management responsibilities for direct reports. Provides both team and cross functional leadership while ensuring the quality and timeliness of all team deliverable
The Software Engineering Leader may be a peer partner to the QA Leader, Scrum Master and Product Owner.
Preferably, this Leader will have a strong technical background within Salesforce, .Net or CRM. This person will lead and motivate their team of developers, business analysts, QAs and others in an agile environment as well as interact with the Business Owners.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Manages team members through department tasks including design, development, and/or configuration of IT systems that meet technical specifications and end-user requirements
- Works with IT Senior Management to develop department direction and vision that ensures alignment with business strategy
- Sets team goals to ensure the success of the department in accordance with milestones developed by IT Senior Management
- Manages the team expense budget and staffing model
- Leads and mentors direct reports through career development that matches associate skills/desires with company needs
- Establishes and maintains key performance indicators for the practice of software engineering. Endorse and motivate team to support and ensure the Safelite Software Development methodology is followed.
- Leads vendor review and selection process as appropriate
- Leads sprint planning, story creation and determines assignments
- Determines resource needs based on team work load and project requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BA / BS / BFA) or equivalent preferred
- 7-10 years' working in a corporate or equivalent environment
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution
- Experience with managing others and applying management principles to practical work situations; manage projects and programs
- Excellent working knowledge of Salesforce Technology, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.