The Tax & Client ODS team is responsible for developing a core platform with enterprise services that serve the needs of multiple internal & external applications. This role is responsible for creating, designing, and implementing the code to help ensure the quality of the platform and the services is met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Two years experience in system analysis, design and programming experience.
- Experience in client server and web environments, relational database technology, and development of interface software.
- Demonstrated and effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
- Experience working with enterprise services.
- Experience using source code control systems.
- Experience testing microservices, REST APIs and data marshalling.
- Experience researching logs, and resource consumption on Linux.
- Experience with the Bash shell, and scripting.
- Understanding of build automation for all facets of testing – continuous delivery pipelines, smoke, integration, and load and performance testing.
- Strong communication skills are required. Ability to interact with both internal and external teams.
- Working on an agile team is a plus.
- Knowledge of event-driven architectures is a plus.
- Knowledge of testing systems using messaging, No-SQL databases, and their associated tool sets is a plus.
- Knowledge of testing systems using SOAP, XML-RPC, FTP, or SCP as their endpoints is a plus.
- Knowledge of testing systems using a variety of security mechanisms is a plus.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, behavior-driven development, and acceptance testing is a plus.
- Knowledge monitoring system results via JMX, ElasticSearch, and Kibana is a plus.
- Cloud computing testing experience using AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, or OpenStack is a plus.
- Knowledge of containers, specifically experience with Docker is a plus.
- Understanding of firewalls, networks, and communications (proxies, load balancers) is a plus.
- An innate and overwhelming desire to, “make things better.”