Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify, prospect, and establish new customers within a large territory
- Build Strategic Partnerships. Builds strong relationships with key health plan partners and insurance companies and maximizes product sales and portfolio balance
- Demonstrate the operational value, and identify savings and new revenue for replacing outdated systems to clients directly
- Meet annual sales goals, sales activity targets, developing sales plans and calling strategies ; conducting / participating in sales presentations and conferences creating an awareness of Optum Financial Services’ products and services
- Build active relationship selling across internal organization, delivery, consulting, senior management, operations-units, external vendors/partners, third-party advisors etc.
- Own / lead, sales process and client engagement
- Executive board room presence
- Ability to collaboratively work with other support teams to help in closing the deal
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at negotiating with multiple constituencies
- Ability to work across a large and complex matrix of stakeholders, coupled with the ability to thrive in an environment of change and fluctuating priorities
- Ability to analyze complex data and make decisions and clearly articulate reasons for making a decision
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think creatively on solutions to complex issues and develop viable alternatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of sales development experience, business development experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years calling on Payers
- Experience calling on decision makers and economic buyers
- 5+ years' experience in calling on C-Suite Executives to develop and present value proposition
- Account relationship management experience
- Experience to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Ability to travel frequently, 50%+
- Master’s Degree
- Experience selling EPS (Electronic Payments & Statements)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.