BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
As part of our digital reinvention journey, we have built an n-tier cloud-native, microservices based digital platform. Its API-first and decoupled nature supports our rapid feature delivery and cloud scale goals. We are looking for a talented and hands-on Architect within the eCommerce domain who will be instrumental in driving our vision. This role is of a Technical Leader in the Digital Engineering team responsible for developing Detailed Technical Design and Architectural Framework components for BJ’s Digital systems. This role requires a high level of knowledge and experience designing, developing and supporting highly complex mission critical distributed systems using eCommerce technologies that meet established organizational Architectural objectives. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Job Responsibilities: (thought leadership, agile, DevOps)
· Accountable for the overall architecture and design of BJs.com, consumer mobility and Omni-Channel retailing.
· Research solutions and technologies for architectural and business requirements. Perform PoCs and PoTs whenever appropriate.
· Participate in the discovery phase of the development life cycle to recommend solutions that are consistent with existing Architecture and Design.
· Lead design reviews and develop solution design documents for both High Level and Low Level Design artifacts.
· Think in terms of Enterprise solutions, mobility, and the Member experience.
· Examine single point solutions to ensure they don’t prohibit future growth and scalability.
· Develop, Maintain and Enforce Design and Coding Standards.
· Monitor and govern the implementation of the approved technical design(s).
· Drive for innovation including developing tools, processes and reusable components as needed to help improve the efficiency of future initiatives.
· Partner with key Business Stakeholders, IT application owners, and architects to develop and execute on the product roadmap.
· Work with Technology vendor contacts to raise, troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to code, configuration and product(s).
· Keep informed on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the Digital eCommerce and broader Omni-Channel ecosystem.
· 5-8 years of proven track record performing business and solution analysis and design for enterprise applications.
· Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent required
· At least 5 years of Retail eCommerce experience using WebSphere Commerce (or equivalent eCommerce platform).
· At least 2 years of Omni-Channel retailing experience preferably using Sterling Commerce Selling & Fulfillment.
· Proficiency in Java, Spring, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, relational databases such as DB2, NoSql databases such as Dynamo, in-memory caches such as Redis .
· Knowledge of experience management (Drupal, AEM) and on-site search (Endeca, Solr).
· Experience in consumer mobility including mobile web (adaptive, responsive), mobile app (native, hybrid), APIs (RESTful/OData) and API design.
· Experience with 12-factor app, DevOps and microservices principles, exposure to frameworks and libraries such as Netflix OSS, Spring Cloud etc. is preferred.
· Experience with AWS including services such as DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS etc. is preferred.
· Proven track record in managing and driving the successful scoping and design phase of a project working with stakeholders from all business units to lead, define, map and document solution definitions.
· Knowledgeable in cloud native architectures, web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
· Experience in working within cross-functional agile teams and with an engineering process that has a high level of automation.
· Must have excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.