Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture. The complexity of this role can be challenging. You'll be working on strategic programs with responsibility for providing architectural leadership to key initiatives across the organization. You'll be expected to ensure that the programs align to the IT strategy, leverage enterprise components and capabilities, advance the state of our IT assets, and expand and improve on our enterprise engineering strategy. Primary Responsibilities: In this Solutions Architect role within the Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for architectural direction for new technology solutions as well as for modernizing our existing applications to support our rapidly growing Payment Integrity business. Our business growth has necessitated use of Big Data, Cloud, Micro services and DevOps technologies to streamline our application portfolio. Payment Integrity business identifies and recovers inappropriate health insurance claim payments helping drive down the healthcare costs. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate framework selection and application architecture into designs, proof of technology projects, and contributing working code, while ensuring alignment with portfolio technology
- Mentor and guide other team members
- Accelerate the adoption of new technologies and patterns, by building prototypes, and leading technology teach outs to the team as well as the entire Payment Integrity organization.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in IT Solution and/or Enterprise architecture role
- 8+ years of full-lifecycle hands-on multi-tier application development experience
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies – Big Data, Cloud, Micro-services, Streaming
- Agile development experience
- Experience with DevOps (CI/CD tools)
- Team leadership or team management experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications developed on multiple operating systems, frameworks and computing platforms
- Health care industry experience
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Information Technology, Architecture, data, solution architecture, enterprise architecture, health care industry, IT, agile methodology, build multi-tier applications, leadership, performance tuning applications, technology, Franklin, TN, Tennessee