We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Procurement Consultant will support the Postal Affairs category in creation and execution of UHG’s postal category strategy. The position requires collaboration with business owners to identify and validate business requirements for postal requests / inquiries and sourcing events, leverage spend and optimize operations, and gain alignment on the category strategy. This Procurement Consultant supports ES&P key initiatives, vendor management programs and performance plans, participates in negotiations and contracting, and monitors vendor performance against the category strategy and requirements. The Procurement Consultant understands and facilitates the procure-to-pay process for assigned categories.
The Procurement Consultant drives procure-to- pay operational excellence through proficiency in category strategy development and implementation, utilization of the competitive sourcing process, and contract negotiation and execution reflecting business alignment. Successful program implementation and monitoring will include vendor oversight, performance management, and issue remediation with ongoing operational management inclusive of business reviews and measurement against pre-determined metrics and reporting.
The Procurement Consultant will develop industry expertise and work towards recognition as a subject matter expert.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Supports and executes strategies and initiatives which maximize operational efficiencies and optimize cost and value of delivery services
- Ensures that all sourcing and procurement activities support and are aligned with category strategies and goals
- Cultivates relationships with stakeholders and establishes roles / responsibilities for routine category management ensuring mutual understanding and promoting customer satisfaction and compliance with established procedures and programs
- Supports supplier optimization and leverage spend across the enterprise through market analysis, collaboration with business partners to gather business requirements, the competitive sourcing process and research to identify best in class solutions
Manages to established vendor oversight standards through vendor performance plans, managing risk and ensuring regulatory, contractual and procure-to-pay process compliance
- Executes the sourcing process and assists in contract negotiations inclusive of products, services, pricing, and alignment of solutions with business requirements
- Supports execution of the category plan through analytics, project management, technology / tools assessment, reporting and metrics
- Supports supplier programs and supplier rationalization, as well as, change management initiatives
- Manages and tracks continuous improvement plans, innovations and cost saving activities while adhering to Sourcing and Procurement policies and procedures
- Integrates and transitions merger & acquisition activities into established postal programs
- BA/BS degree or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 3+ years of sourcing and procurement experience
- 3+ years of postal service products experience
- Experience supporting and executing strategies through repeatable processes and operational skills
Comprehension of contractual language required to assist with development of SOWs and manage to multiple agreements with varying levels of complexity, spend and duration
- Financial expense management and reporting skills (charge-backs, etc.)
Knowledge of technologies and tools critical to the delivery of our services (e.g., Sourcing Procurement Requests, responsiveness to inquiries, RFPs, use of available data sources to perform analytics, reporting, supplier performance management and dashboard updates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel
Strategic sourcing experience
5+ years of postal service product experience, and current knowledge of postal initiatives, systems and technology
Tableau or Access database experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sourcing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Postal, Post Office, Print, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home