Special Education Teacher
Primary Location: AR-ARBenton-15000 Highway 298
NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge
Founded in 1984, NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge offers a continuum of community-based, inpatient treatment and supported living programs for children and adults with brain injury and other neurological challenges. As one of the largest pediatric brain injury facilities in the country, NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge has helped hundreds of children and adolescents receive the specialized supports, therapies and education they need in a comfortable and nurturing setting that promotes growth and independence.
NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and development disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join NeuroRestorative Timber Ridge and The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
· State of the art team teaching
· Small class size every day – groups of 6 or less
· Quality education services to children ages 4-12
· Daily access to Behavior Specialist and Rehab Techs on campus
· Daily time blocks to complete all necessary documentation such as IEP due processes, services summaries, etc.
· Elimination of the usual Student Portfolio requirement
· Time to schedule parent-teacher conferences during the treatment review day
· Paraprofessional assistance for every class
· Collaborative teaching with an interprofessional team (i.e. speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, behavior coordinator, counselor, etc.)
· Continuous access to behavior intervention assistance
Timber Ridge is looking for a personable, creative special education teacher to provide educational services to children ages 4 to 12 that have behavioral and neurological challenges. Our pediatric Neurobehavioral program addresses the challenges that may have resulted in dysfunctional behavior patterns, poor problem solving, and low frustration tolerance.
Timber Ridge is a unique facility that provides cutting-edge treatment with the appropriate levels of supervision, supports and activities for each student so they can continue to learn and grow and return to a more successful home and school life.
· Certification in Special Education
· Good documentation skills and report writing
· Experience with special populations preferred
· Competitive Salary and Benefits