The Special Reservations Manager is a full-time, year-round position located in the Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. This position is responsible for overseeing the booking of individual and group reservations requiring special attention including the handling of the logistical and communications aspects of press and media requests, and our company’s package programs. This position works in collaboration with department managers to facilitate a team-oriented and employee focused work environment.
Company housing is not provided for this position. To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
Responsibilities of Special Reservations Manager
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Director, Reservations Sales and in cooperation with department managers, generate and maintain a team-oriented office culture that is characterized by energy, enthusiasm, positivity and a commitment to professional development for all staff to ensure department mission and goals are met.
- Oversee the booking of all reservations requiring special attention (SPATT) and obtain authorization for and coordinate any special services or amenities. These categories include but not limited to:
- Prize Winners
- Trade Outs
- Special guests
- High-ranking business or social figures
- Familiarization tours by trade and prospective customers
- Administrative Campground Sites
- Employee Bookings (including winter administrative travel)
- Xanterra’s Executive/Corporate office including Xanterra Privel Reservations
- NPS Superintendent’s office
- Oversee Xanterra/partner SPATT reservations including but not limited to conferences, retreats, donor events, board meetings, field seminars, corporate luxury bookings (Privel), trainer housing, employee administrative winter travel, community special reservations programs (i.e. free tours for local hotel employees), etc.
- Oversee arrangements and communicate directly with the Director of Sales and Marketing (or designee) for press, media, trade and other VIP reservation requests. As defined by Director, ensure proper communications and directions are shared with the appropriate support and field staff regarding the successful delivery of the reserved services and satisfaction of the guest(s).
- Oversee logistics of Yellowstone package reservations (Lodging & Learning, Adventure, Getaway, etc.) as follows:
- Determine and communicate package logistics with Xanterra partners and internal departments (ie. Transportation, F&B, GAO, Retail and M&S/Reservations) as appropriate
- Create component booking documents
- Create group master blocks
- Create/maintain itineraries
- Test package rates and package calculator
- Provide training/support to Master Reservations Sales agents as appropriate
- Recommend and coordinate package-specific training opportunities for Master Reservations Sales agents in cooperation with the Manager, Reservations Operations.
- Monitor and address department-related oversells related to lodging, camping and activity reservations.
- Work with the General Accounting Office to clarify/collect any outstanding Special Reservations/VIP group and direct billing balances.
- Handle any and all other department-related projects as assigned by department directors.
- Work with the Assistant Director, Reservations Sales to determine skill development opportunities consistent with personal and department goals.
- Maintain a high commitment to guest service in all Reservations functions.
- In cooperation with the department management team, maintain safe facilities, complete required NPS/Corporate safety programs and inspections, review employee accident investigation and follow-up, support company sustainability initiatives, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave
- Health, life and other insurance benefits
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, and more!)
- Discounts in and around Yellowstone
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to balance time/cost considerations.
- Organizational ability.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the department's computerized reservations, telephone and payroll systems.
- Previous experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of the following is helpful:
- General Office policies and procedures.
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts facilities and services, and the park itself.
- LMS Reservation System.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time – 60% of workday
- Ability to work 40+ hours/week when necessary – 25% of workday
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment – 100% of the workday
- To enforce company and Reservations department standards, policies, and procedures.
- To recommend changes in department policies and procedures to the Assistant Director, Reservations Sales.
- To recommend to the Director, Sales and Marketing or Assistant Director, Reservations Sales to accept or refuse bookings on the basis of past performance.
- To recommend changes in training programs to ensure departmental service goals are met.
- To determine and authorize rate adjustments or refunds needed to resolve guest disputes. To notify the Assistant Director, Reservations Sales, of all rate adjustments or questionable refunds.
- To overbook as needed to assure guest satisfaction.
- To fulfill the role of department co-managers during their absence and under the guidance of the Assistant Director, Reservations Sales.
Live. Work. Explore. Yellowstone National Park Is Naturally Different
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.