Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF), a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is a leading equipment finance provider in the U.S. and Canada with a portfolio exceeding $45 billion, more than 300,000 active customers and 2,500+ team members . WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers, dealers, distributors and direct to market. WFEF has industry financing specialists dedicated to Construction, Healthcare, Energy, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Marine, Rail, Aircraft, and Vendor Financing Programs.
The Construction Specialty Markets Relationship Manager will be responsible for marketing Wells Fargo Equipment Finance’s (WFEF) full suite of financial products, including tax oriented leasing and term loan products to contractors and supporting end users and select distributors in the infrastructure construction industry. Typical client profile will be entities with revenues exceeding $100 million annually. Marketing strategies will include direct calling activity, referrals from Wells Fargo entities, manufacturer referrals, and industry networking. The applicant will be responsible for the full customer life cycle from prospect identification to relationship management.
The territory is the Central United States.
The individual filling this position will be a key contributor to the success of WFEF in the construction equipment finance market and will be a part of the group’s senior leadership team.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of relationship management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate, and close credit transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- 7+ years of Equipment Finance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of lending products
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, and legal issues; associated with purchase money financings and credit issues, including program master loan documentation, customer loan and lease agreements, and inventory credit facilities
- High degree of structuring experience with financial products including loans, FMV leases, and inventory lines
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Experience in equipment leasing or commercial lending.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the construction industry.
- Proven ability to generate new business volume through cold calling and referral activity
- Knowledge of leasing products and the ability to present multi solution propositions to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships and interact with customers at the CEO and CFO level.
- Significant overnight travel
- Ability to travel
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.