Join Us for Our Pharmacy Support Job Fair!
Monday, October 29, 2018 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:00pm to 6:00pm
6860 W 115th Street
Overland Park, KS 66211
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. Here at OptumRX, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. When you join us, you'll be part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies where you'll have some of the best training and tools in the world.
As a Specialty Pharmacy Technician, you'll be responsible for fulfilling specialty pharmacy medication orders for the majority of your day. This will entail selecting the correct medication, scanning the barcode, labeling the medication, checking the expiration date on all medications, ensuring that the medication is in the proper packaging, complying with all labeling requirements, and then gathering all patient education information including any preparation products the patient may need to go along with the medication. After your orders are filled for the day, you will work on inventory in preparation for the next day Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of speciality prescription orders. Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile / ventilated environment. Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included. May also perform drug / supply ordering and inventory / warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust / calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units. - Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation: Prep and scan documents, verify member / patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system. Contact members / patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities. Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical / lab information from computer system, verifies whether order / drug is reimbursable / covered.- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing. Calibrate dosing pumps.- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.)
- Fulfilling specialty pharmacy medication orders
- Selecting the correct medication, scanning the barcode, labeling the medication, checking the expiration date on all medications, ensuring that the medication is in the proper packaging, complying with all labeling requirements, and then gathering all patient education information including any preparation products the patient may need to go along with the medication.
- Work on inventory in preparation for the next day
- May also float to the shipping and receiving department on occasion
- Cleaning and organizing your station
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- Requires current pharmacy technician state license valid in Kansas or national certification without restrictions based on regulatory requirements of worksite.
- High school diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of previous pharmacy technician experience
- Current Pharmacy Technician License; if licensed in Kansas, National Certification is not required. If licensed outside of Kansas, national certification is required.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Nationally Certified - PTCB
- 2+ years of previous pharmacy experience
- 1+ years of retail pharmacy experience
- Tech Savvy
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Specialty pharmacy, fulfillment, prescription filling, scanning, labeling, pharmacy technician, pharm tech, medication selection, specialty medication, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth Group, United Health