Speech and Language Pathologist
Primary Location: NV-NVReno-3980 Lake Placid Dr
INSERT PARTNER BOILER PLATE HERE
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support our residents. As a Speech and Language Pathologist with CareMeridian, and an added value member of the team, your contributions make a world of difference to our residents receiving care. For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the Speech and Language Pathologist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. CareMeridian is seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist - on call or as needed to can direct and administers speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice , and swallowing. Reviews medical records, test, and evaluate clients/customers, develops treatment plans and administer therapy. Provides effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information. Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates program participants through appropriate evaluation procedures and develops written treatment programs for each participant.
- Administers appropriate treatment programs and communicates program participant needs to appropriate staff. Provides needed re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant/administrative and department documentation.
- Ensures adherence to CARF, licensure standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Attends programmatic meetings on request for team reports, policy setting, exchange of information, etc.; attends other appropriate meetings/conferences as needed.
- Attends meetings to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant treatment programs.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s). Communicates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of Speech and Language therapy program.
- Plans and implements in-service programs in area for SLP staff and other groups as requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in orientation programs for new staff, program participants, and SLP students.
- Writes weekly service summaries and maintains daily billing summaries and turns them into the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Masters Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology
- One year experience preferred
- State licensure in Speech and Language Pathology
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state