Speech / Language Pathologist
Primary Location: United States-IL-ILCarbondale
NeuroRestorative CarbondaleNow HiringSpeech-Language Pathologist
NeuroRestorative Carbondale is seeking a Speech / Language Pathologist todirect and administer speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice and swallowing. Review medical records, test and evaluate clients/consumers, develops treatment plans and administers therapy. Provide effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury). As a Speech / Language Pathologist with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people. For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network the Speech / Language Pathologist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Essential Job Functions
- Assesses speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Reviews medical history, performs evaluation, and determines patient therapy needs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinates therapy modifications to the client's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and client's physician.
- Identifies and develops intervention strategies. Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instructs clients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to insure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Insures effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, Director of Clinical Services and other caregivers.
- Reviews and documents comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Reports and records assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and the Mentor Network’s policies.
- Investigates and takes appropriates actions on client or employee concerns and or complaints.
- Maintains appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Master's degree in Speech Therapy or Speech / Language Pathology and on year experience as a Speech Therapist
- Current state licensure / certification as a Speech Therapist