Speech Language Pathologist SLP Full Time
Primary Location: CA-CASanta Barbara-1135 N Patterson Ave
CareMeridian is seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist - Full Time to direct and administer speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice, and swallowing. Reviews medical records, test, and evaluate clients/customers, develops treatment plans and administer therapy. Provides effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support our residents. As a Speech and Language Pathologist with CareMeridian, and an added value member of the team, your contributions make a world of difference to our residents receiving care.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the Speech and Language Pathologist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do.
Directs and administers speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice and swallowing. Reviews medical records, tests and evaluates clients/consumers, develops treatment plans and administers therapy. Provides effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Assesses speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Reviews medical history, performs evaluation, and determines patient therapy needs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinates therapy modifications to the client's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and client's physician.
- Identifies and develops intervention strategies. Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instructs clients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to insure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Insures effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, Director of Clinical Services and other caregivers.
- Reviews and documents comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Reports and records assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and CareMeridian/The MENTOR Network's policies.
- Investigates and takes appropriates actions on client or employee concerns and or complaints.
- Maintains appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
- Evaluates program participants through appropriate evaluation procedures and develops written treatment programs for each participant.
- Administers appropriate treatment programs and communicates program participant needs to appropriate staff. Provides needed re-evaluation and programmatic changes as necessary.
- Maintains timely and appropriate program participant/administrative and department documentation.
- Ensures adherence to necessary licensing standards, and ethics of confidentiality.
- Attends programmatic meetings on request for team reports, policy setting, exchange of information, etc.; attends other appropriate meetings/conferences as needed.
- Attends meetings to exchange, discuss, and evaluate program participant treatment programs.
- Serves on rehabilitation treatment team(s). Communicates with physicians, staff, professionals/paraprofessionals, consultants, families, and community resources as needed to ensure effectiveness of Speech and Language therapy program.
- Plans and implements in-service programs in area for SLP staff and other groups as requested/assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in orientation programs for new staff, program participants, and SLP students.
- Writes weekly service summaries and maintains daily billing summaries and turns them into the appropriate staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Masters Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology and one year’s experience as a Speech Therapist.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Current state licensure/certification as a Speech Therapist.
What we ask of you:
- Masters Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech/Language Pathology required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Speech Therapist, preferably within a specialty rehabilitation setting
- Current state licensure/certification as a Speech Therapist.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Solutions at Santa Barbara/CareMeridian is a leader in the provision of post-acute rehabilitation for persons with an acquired brain injury, addressing mobility, social interaction, communication, employability and re-entry into their homes and communities.
Each of our programs is designed around the needs of the people we serve, and delivered in the communities they call home. We provide the right balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability. With a transdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, we draw upon a broad spectrum of innovative rehabilitation programs and support services in order to develop personalized treatment plans for each individual served.
Solutions at Santa Barbara/CareMeridian is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.