Speech Language Pathologist
Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative Maine is seeking an Speech / Language Pathologist to serve individuals with brain injury in post-acute rehabilitation programs. Our Speech / Language Pathologists provide program participant evaluations and speech therapy services.
DescriptionEvery person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injury. As a Speech / Language Pathologist with NeuroRestorative Maine you'll be one of those special people. NeuroRestorative Maine the Speech / Language Pathologist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Description NeuroRestorative Maine is seeking a Speech / Language Pathologist to direct and administer speech therapy using techniques that assist in the rehabilitation of individuals with functional disabilities of speech, language, voice and swallowing. Review medical records, test and evaluate clients/consumers, develops treatment plans and administers therapy. Provide effective evaluations, documentation, and communication of medical information. Essential Job Functions
- Assesses speech and language skills, development, articulation ability and voice and fluency disorders of patients assigned.
- Reviews medical history, performs evaluation, and determines patient therapy needs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized patient therapy plans. Coordinates therapy modifications to the client's plan of care with the Director of Clinical Services and client's physician.
- Identifies and develops intervention strategies. Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of therapy services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Instructs clients, family members, and primary caregivers as needed to insure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Insures effective coordination of client home care services through timely completion of required documentation and transfer of pertinent medical data to the client’s physician, Director of Clinical Services and other caregivers.
- Reviews and documents comprehensive evaluation reports to summarize tests utilized, results of test(s), and diagnosis of speech/hearing disorders.
- Reports and records assessments, evaluations, therapy interventions and patient changes according to physician orders and the Mentor Network’s policies.
- Investigates and takes appropriates actions on client or employee concerns and or complaints.
- Maintains appropriate HIPPA compliance and a safe patient environment.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Degree in Speech Therapy or Speech / Language Pathology and one year experience as a Speech Therapist
- Current state licensure / certification as a Speech Therapist