For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a member of this dynamic team, you will manage a caseload of occupational therapy treatment plans for consumers though healthcare providers.
If you are located in Minnesota or Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
***Monday through Friday - Core business hours***
- Make determinations of medical necessity / clinical appropriateness of treatment
- Assist in the development and implementation of clinical policy, guidelines and applications
- Regularly contact providers whose treatment determinations indicate a trend that varies with their peers and community
- Be knowledgeable on and apply all necessary regulatory requirements for assigned regions
- Responsible for appropriate utilization management (prospective, concurrent and retrospective) and implementation of healthcare affordability initiatives in all the UnitedHealthcare regions
- Take initiative to control utilization trends without losing sight of quality and outcomes for health care consumers
- Implement specific strategies that improve the quality and outcomes of care for consumers
- Support many types of health plan structures (Fully Insured, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation and Auto liability)
- Unrestricted license to practice Speech Therapy in the state of Minnesota or Texas
- 5+ years’ experience in Neurodevelopmental Pediatrics
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong knowledge of practice guidelines, including office procedures, current research and scope of practice
- Ability to interpret guidelines, research, etc. in the context of traditional Speech Therapy practice
- Ability to be consultative with others including supervisory, clinical and non-clinical professionals
- Previous experience in a managed care environment (health plan, medical group, etc.)
- Strong decision-making and administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: speech therapy, case management, neurodevelopmental pediatrics, outpatient, medical necessity, Minneapolis, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Texas, TX, Telecommute