Department:OH110_11100_000 Speech Therapy Mcsa
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Speech Therapist will provide diagnostic and therapeutic speech pathology services to children and adults on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Job Description Details:
- Informs supervisor of all routine/unusual information or interactions affecting department operations and patient care, and advises on technical/clinical matters.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and contributes to development of new programs/protocols.
- Recommends needed supplies and materials and maintains standard care of all equipment.
- Oversees and evaluates affiliating students.
- Utilizes effective organizational and time management skills.
- Promotes customer service to health care providers, patients, families, and community agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice Speech-Language Pathology in Ohio
- Experience: at least one year of applicable experience preferred.
- Ability to function in a professional capacity with minimal supervision..
- Must hold a valid driver’s license (for Inpatient Rehab at MCW only).
- Maintains annual FIM certification (MCW Inpatient Rehab Unit only).
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.