DescriptionThe Speech Therapist 2 identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient's function. The Speech Therapist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Speech Therapist 2 assesses, diagnoses, and treats speech, language, cognitive, communication, voice, swallowing, fluency, and other related disorders. May recommend communication devices/aids as needed. Keeps records, monitors progress, and counsels patients and their family members. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Possesses a Master's or Doctoral Degree in speech-language pathology (SLP), and meets either of the following requirements:
- Is licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual furnishes such service; or
- If the State does not license speech-language pathologists: Must successfully complete 350 clock hours of supervised clinical practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such supervised clinical experience);
- Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time SLP services after obtaining a Master's or Doctoral degree in SLP or a related field; and
- Successfully completed an approved national examination in SLP.
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification
- A minimum of one year clinical experience in Speech-Language Pathology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Strong customer services skills
- This role is a part of Humana's Drivers safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100.000/300,000/100,000 limits
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- Associates working in the State of Florida will need ACHA Level II Background clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours40