The Spenser's Pub Server is responsible for providing expedient, courteous cocktail & food service to lounge or bar guests.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Ensure the guests are courteously greeted, orders placed properly and expediently served.
- Inform guests of any beverage specials, and constantly up-selling beverage orders.
- Request proper identification of guests who appear to be under the age of thirty.
- Enforce Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Arizona State and any other applicable liquor laws regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Strictly adhere to TIPS program at all times in the serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Bring any TIPS related issues with guests to the immediate attention of the bartender working lead or Restaurant Manager.
- Proper and efficient use of the Aloha POS system in ordering beverages and keeping voids and mis-orders to an absolute minimum.
- Describe drink recipes when requested by the guests.
- Clear and bus tables as guests leave, maintaining sanitation and cleanliness levels of the seating area.
- Attend all company-sponsored liquor training classes.
- Manage own bank for beverage sales including credit cards, cash and room charges.
- Complete opening and closing shift side duties.
- Assist bartender in garnishing drinks as necessary.
- Place and serve food orders from bar menu.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of beer and wine selections.
- Previous bartending or food service experience with alcohol awareness training is preferred.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.