The Sr Accountant will be working to balance sheet account reconciliations, month end closing, analytical work, and creating/analyzing financial information.
• Reviews and verifies accounts and prepares balance sheet account reconciliations. Designs and maintains reconciliation schedules for various accounts.
• Prepares and records journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and assist in preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret company’s financial position.
• Interprets and points out trend or deviations from budgets and comparative results.
• Closes and/or works with team members in completing month-end and year-end, including recording and/or reviewing journal entries.
• Updates accounting support schedules.
• Assists in year-end audit process.
• Develops non-standardized reports and statements.
• Seeks and presents process improvement recommendations.
• Contribute to any special projects and perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA or CPA eligible
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• 3+ years’ experience working with retail companies with public accounting experience.
• Energetic, quick-learner who is driven to produce high-quality deliverables.
• Ability to analyze, research and solve problems.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments & management levels.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including advanced to expert knowledge of Excel.
• Experience with large ERP systems, NetSuite preferred.