- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Responsible for SBU or support department financial statement preparation related to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes. Oversees, compiles, and validates statistical data for the preparation of reports.
- Responsible for identifying, and in some cases, leading process improvement opportunities, implementing approved changes, and updating process documentation.
- Act as customer service liaison between Accounting and third parties and provides support for inquiries related to all phases of financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities could pertain to any area of accounting, such as: general ledger, tax, accounts payable, payroll, etc.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and equity. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected SBU or Support department financial position and results.
- Responsible for timely financial statement preparation and review for SBU or Support departments during the closing process.
- Responsible for the month-end, quarter-end and year-end analysis of general ledger accounts. Validate the accuracy of data from subsystems.
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations and bank reconciliation.
- Assist in creating requested management reports, including by not limited to, year-end audit schedules, calendar-year tax schedules and preparing other financial reporting information to support interim and year-end activity of external auditors.
- Assist FSO and Field associates with interpreting financial reports.
- Coordinate the development, improvement, and implementation of accounting procedures. Gather accounting requirements from SBUs and Support departments. Determine changes to existing programs and processes as well as new programs. Obtain approval and coordinate implementation of approved changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field –OR- equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of integrated online accounting applications
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and project simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel including ability to use macros, pivot tables, and query
- Ability to navigate internet
- Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger and query preferred
- Knowledge of HRB accounting procedures preferred