If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month-end close
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Prepare 401k benefit plan financial statements
- Prepare and review international holding company financial statements
- Record monthly capital action transactions
- Prepare monthly consolidation analytics analysis
- Support various Corporate Accounting activities as requested and accounting related projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum experience with 2 “busy seasons” in public accounting
- Ability to comprehend and apply generally accepted accounting principles, and research and analyze accounting related issues
- Ability to build and maintain solid working relationships across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Big 4 experience
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft Financials
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.