If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with or lead the month end quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups
- Performs work in a self-directed manner and works with less structured, more complex issues
- Prepares 401k Benefit plan statements
- Specifically will have responsibilities related to stock compensation expense allocation and forecasting, inter-company transactions, payroll verification, Ex-Patriot expenses, as well as other general accounting duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related studies (e.g. finance)
- 1+ years of public accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience assessing and interpreting customer needs and requirements
- Experience identifying solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Experience solving moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Accountant, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota