We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change. As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's elite actuarial team committed to changing health care through outstanding service, valuable products, measurable savings and health care plans designed to fit members' lives, year after year. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and interpret the key drivers of health care trends
- Develop pricing methodologies, assumptions, new rates and cost estimates
- Determine the impact on premiums and health product proposals
- Conduct and evaluate studies on pricing, utilization and health care costs
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
You should be ready to face a number of demanding, diverse and complex challenges in the actuarial space. You will need a high level of creativity to solve complex actuarial problems while also developing your leadership and project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Candidates must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed a minimum of 4 or more Actuarial exams
- 4+ years of Actuarial experience
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- At least a basic level of proficiency with SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.