Imagine how much went in to forming a team of actuarial talent that can keep our Fortune 5 global organization at the forefront of an industry. It took a lot of planning and work and it’s a great start. But now we need you. As a Senior Actuarial Consultant at UnitedHealth Group, you’ll direct cross-functional teams and influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas and approaches. It’s an opportunity to help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy and lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support National Accounts on range of actuarial issues
- Provide actuarial direction and strategy to grow and retain national account clients
- Assist with benefit design strategy, network analysis, high performance network savings analysis, product pricing, trend analysis, consumer engagement studies, discount guarantees, and book of business studies among other various analysis for National Accounts customers
- Perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to provide management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Lead discussions and presentations with the ability to translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Develop and maintain close relationships with internal business partners such as underwriting, client management and client development, network management and pricing teams, among others
- Meet with national accounts clients as needed to provide actuarial support
The challenges here are significant. You’ll be responsible for leading an actuarial team, managing large projects, managing complex work streams and providing actuarial direction and strategy for National Accounts business. You’ll be counted on as an SME in your content area and responsible for the work product at a high level.
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks among competing deadlines
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or related field
- ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) or FSA (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries) designation
- 8+ years of Actuarial experience
- Experience working in the health care industry, specifically with health benefits consulting or strategy for large group ASO accounts
- Previous experience with national and/or large group accounts
- Proficiency with Excel, Access, VBA, and/or SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: actuary, ASA, FSA, actuarial, healthcare, health insurance, pricing, work from home, telecommute, national accounts