If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support several leaders and their staff within UnitedHealth Group’s corporate communications team. This is a fast paced, creative working environment that requires the ability to multitask with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for calendar management, expense report management, scheduling and arranging travel, setting up presentations, planning meetings and events, greeting visitors, preparing project / progress reports and various other tasks.
This position will also have some BSL (Business Segment Liaison) responsibilities including: New hire and vendor onboarding, office equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering. Senior Administrative Assistant work will involve direct client interaction.
- Manage calendars, coordinate travel both domestic and international, prepare expense reports
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization, supporting in an office management capacity and supporting indirect team
- BSL point of contact for onboarding vendors and new employees
- Schedule and set-up resources and technology needed for meetings and events, e.g., conference rooms, catering, WebEx, telepresence meetings
- Compile and/or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Process vendor invoices for timely payment
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Manage office documents in accordance with enterprise records management procedures
- Answer incoming calls and facilitate handling of requests for information
- Evaluate calls in terms of importance and use independent judgment to take action
- Manage Media Room schedule and assist executive team tapings, broadcasts, as needed
- Make meeting arrangements and coordinate changes in meeting schedules
- Independently perform varied administrative duties related to functional areas
- Maintain and order office supplies for the department and individual employees, as needed
- Greet visiting clients, guests and employees
- Read incoming mail and triage in priority order, highlighting important items or requests for action
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of administrative support experience, at least 3 of which have included support of senior executives
- 3+ years of experience supporting multiple managers within a fast-pace environment
- 1+ years of experience with New Hire onboarding / offboarding, equipment ordering and set-up, software purchases and office supply ordering
- 3+ years of experience coordinating large meetings, including WebEx virtual meetings and teleconferences
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- College degree
- Experience coordinating international travel
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Administrative Assistant, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota