PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Prepare financial and analytical decision-making support for the brand, and support financial planning activities including long-range model assumptions, annual business plans and quarterly forecasts to meet brand objectives.
- Support coordination with the Marketing, Development and other brand teams, on relevant brand-level analysis to support strategic program evaluation and investment decision making, including advertising, loyalty and delivery.
- Support coordination with the Insights & Consumer Personalization (I&CP) team, on relevant brand-level analysis to drive opportunity identification and performance improvement.
- Support the accurate and timely preparation of brand annual operating plans, quarterly forecasts and proactive analyses, manage and manipulate pre-existing planning Excel spreadsheets and other models and develop new tools as necessary to improve and facilitate the planning processes.
- Support enterprise-wide annual strategic planning process and long-range plan development through planning activities related to initiatives and assumptions.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc financial analysis and tools, including reporting for monthly Field Business Summary reports, for franchise and company Operations teams to enable improved decision-making.
- Support recurring and ad hoc analyses involving menu management, pricing, food costs, labor costs, controllable costs, restaurant performance benchmarking, and other topics. Coordinate with others on Finance team for supply chain / commodities outlook.
- Participate in analysis of CAPEX spending and assist in prioritization of checkbook spending and allocation.
- Assist in preparation of presentations related to financial results and plans for the Board as well as internal Senior Management (AOP, forecasts, weekly forecasts, quarterly BOD presentations, etc.) and Operations leadership. Ensure the accuracy of information and confirm that outputs meet our very high standards.
- Assist in financial analysis support for portfolio M&A decisions, restaurant development (including new restaurants and restaurant remodels) and lease renewal decisions.
- Assist in financial analysis support for Marketing initiatives and advertising.
- Support collaboration with I&CP to drive opportunity identification and performance improvement.
- Assist in providing financial analysis for strategic program development, including loyalty and delivery programs.
- Support collaboration with the PMO to identify, evaluate and prioritize projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the establishment of the Franchisee Financial Benchmarking program and quarterly reporting. Support automation / use of new tool.
- Participate in the annual update process for Bank Credit Report and FDD.
- Provide additional back up support to all Finance team activities as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to Operations team and Support Center.
- Support ongoing assessment of financial performance, risks and opportunities and G&A spending, and support timely and proactive recommendations to Brand President, Leadership Team and Inspire Brands Leadership Team regarding potential opportunities to influence results.
- Provide guidance to Operations Leadership team on how to improve financial and operating results.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting and / or CPA.
- Required: minimum 3-4 years of experience in Planning and Analysis or similar supervisory experience in Finance.
- Preferred: Restaurant experience and 4-5 years total experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Understanding and working knowledge of finance, project / capital assessment, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, often with considerable time constraints.
- Preferred: Experience with relational databases including Oracle, Access and SQL.
- Preferred: Experience with Enterprise Planning and Reporting software, including Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management and BOARD.
- Preferred: Experience with Business Intelligence analysis and presentation tools, including Tableau, Power BI and SharePoint.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Process decisions
- Responsible for no direct reports