This position is responsible for Administering TMS (Mercurygate) application and managing TL RFP within the Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) network. The role will work with Supply Chain partners across the BBB organization, all types of Transportation service providers, and use dynamic technology to accomplish these objectives.
TMS Administration (60%)
Responsible for Technical & Day to Day Support for MercuryGate. Able to research and resolve issues as they arise. Also responsible for determining root causes and implement systematic fixes to address the issues.
- Serve as an Administrator for TMS solutions through user maintenance and roles setup. Should have a clear knowledge of transportation contracts set up in TMS.
- Responsible for on boarding new carriers / Vendors set up and testing.
- Responsible for Training (external & Internal) users and also responsible to develop, maintain and update user reference guides / manuals.
- Work closely with IT team, and Logistics departments to ensure that MercuryGate TMS and other systems (WMS / YWS) integration & implementation are successful and efficient.
- Maintain and create Carrier KPI reports using data from MercuryGate
- Responsible to serve as the primary contact between BBBY and MercuryGate as it relates to system upgrades, and helpdesk issue resolution.
- Responsible to follow through and document any system related issues and solutions for future reference and process improvement.
- Responsible to train in utilizing the Mojo Optimization tool in Mercury Gate TMS to identify opportunities.
TL Carrier Sourcing (40%)
- Responsible to prepare and distribute Transportation (TL/LTL/Parcel) sourcing RFP documents.
- Gather carrier responses, perform complex data analysis and summarize RFP results and prepare recommendations.
- Responsible for carrier lane assignments, developing Rate Exhibits, and coordination with legal to execute Rate Exhibits.
- Help in researching & identifying qualified TL carries to service BBBY network based on cost & service.
- Responsible for evaluating carrier performance metrics and manage carrier performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of related experience required. MBA strongly preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Lean Certification
- 5 years of experience anticipating future business needs; identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and reducing expense
- Established examples of Process improvement initiatives and their maintenance
- Ability to work with the team through process
- Drive change within an organization
- Work independently
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.