The UnitedHealth Group Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (OCSO) is developing an exciting new technology platform that will enable health plans, clinical practices, and all who provide patient care better leverage of patient health data to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, fewer gaps in care, and improved affordability. This platform bridges the divide between traditional Providers and Payers, and will transform the ways in which each person's health care is provided and experienced by delivering health care at a scale that makes a difference.
- Provide IT Operations support for a large, critical enterprise web application
- Provide level 3 technical analysis / support for customer incident tickets
- Quickly respond to high impact application incident / service outages to assist in issue diagnosis and service restoration
- Provide deep dive analysis on application problem records to document root cause and suggest / help implement proactive activities to help avoid future instances until a long term fix can be applied
- Help coordinate select Infrastructure services initiatives
- Identify enhancements to improve supportability, operability or performance of supported application(s)
- Identify and help implement continuous improvement initiatives within the IT Operations team
- Identify and assist in the development of L1/ L2 incident support knowledge documents to help streamline rapid restoration of customer incidents
- 3+ years of experience in Core Java, J2EE technologies, Maven, ANT, Java Spring (or similar technologies / frameworks)
- Experience using Tomcat or a similar Enterprise Application Server
- Experience with REST principles and various HTTP codes
- Understanding on API Throttling, Security and traffic management using WSO2
- Understanding of various integration patterns and implementation using WSO2
- Experience debugging issue / incidents using tools such as Dyantrace Appmon/ DTSaaS
- UNIX shell scripting capability
- Experience with CI and CD tools including Git and Jenkins
- Experience with any Hadoop Platform
- Experience with standard Postgres SQL databases and JDBC
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java, J2EE, Spring, REST, API, WS02, Hadoop, Big Data, Git, Jenkins, Work from Home,Telecommute, Remote