Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Sr. Associate General Counsel in Optum’s customer contracting team is primarily responsible for providing strategic leadership and complex contracting support for OptumInsight and OptumTechnology commercial contracting. This role will have a high level of interaction with internal business units, external customers, vendors and strategic partners to provide timely updates and counsel on various legal and contractual issues.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and finalizing technology and services contracts with Optum customers
- Providing leadership to, and being accountable for, the performance of other professional staff
- Advising internal clients on product or contract-related legal issues
- Developing streamlined contracting procedures
Maintain commercial agreements in corporate contract management system
- Continuous process improvement of contract templates
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree
- 10+ years of experience with reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial customer contracts
- Experience managing or supervising the work of other professionals
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment
- Understanding of business problems related to assigned legal projects
- Experience evaluating and determining appropriate legal course of action to meet business unit needs
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: technology, sales, contracting, legal, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota