Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
Seeking a confident health lawyer to be in-house counsel at a large and growing health care company. Candidates should have 8+ years of experience representing health care providers, Medicare Advantage plans, or skilled nursing or other acute care providers. The position requires strong knowledge of state and federal health laws and regulations, including Medicare Advantage, managed Medicaid, provider, network, and clinical issues.
Successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team of attorneys and support staff in a growing health care business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overseeing the delivery of legal services and related support to Optum Care Services
- Collaborating with colleagues across the UnitedHealth Group legal department
- Proactively identifying and resolving legal and related matters impacting (Optum Care Services)
- Assisting in the review, preparation and negotiation of various products, documents and contracts associated with (Optum Care Services) business
- Participating in and leading negotiations with key customers and vendors
- Developing best practices for addressing emerging legal and business risks
- Supporting (Optum Care Services) in the development and delivery of new products
- Working in partnership with the Compliance team
- Counseling senior management on strategic business initiatives
- Managing outside counsel
- Fostering key regulatory relationships
The successful candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and business instincts. The ability to lead people and change is also critical. The ability to delegate work and operate in a matrixed environment will be important qualities for the successful candidate. Prior law firm and in-house experience are desired, as is prior experience managing a team of legal professionals. Prior clinical experience as a provider a plus.
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 8+ years of work experience
- Knowledge of state and federal health care, insurance, privacy and related laws
- Experience building and maintaining rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates and external company contacts
- Experience independently making decisions regarding complex legal and corporate issues
- Internal Candidate
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Associate General Counsel, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home