You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- This role will be focused on ongoing operations, reporting, and communication activities associated with the ACE program. A focus on quality is critical
- Analyze data related to current and future state ACE performance and analyze other related operational (claim/call) data points
- Understand, through data analytics, how ACE activities impact business operations and customers’ experiences
- Present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
- Collaborate with other departments and leaders to design the appropriate measurement strategy to support the business needs
- Collaborate with ACE Provider Adoption team to deliver metrics to internal stakeholders
- Track ACE releases to ensure future functionality is delivered on time and with quality
- Interface with LOB operational contacts to ensure ACE is meeting/exceeding expectations
- Be service-driven to internal and external customers
- Be an innovative thinker with an innate curiosity around data
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Possess the capacity to work independently
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Influences or provides input to planning activities
- Determine scope of requested work in order to assess resource requirements and create work plans
- Demonstrate understanding of business terminology and acronyms in order to accurately interpret customers' request
- Review and/or identify appropriate report format to use (e.g., existing reports; new report) based on customers' needs
- Review completed reports and associated metrics used in order to ensure accuracy and quality
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of experience in a health care operations role
- Project management experience including managing large scale projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of UnitedHealthcare lines of business (E&I, M&R, C&S)
- Experience with claim and call operations and associated editing tools
- Ability to influence with and without direct authority
- Experience functioning in a matrix / shared services organization Strong written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Advanced Communication Engine, process improvement, business analyst, Minnesota, Connecticut, telecommute, telecommuter