Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. That's what makes this senior-level opportunity so inviting. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. Join us and put your advanced knowledge and skills to work.
- Leads complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, and identifies recommendations and insights
- Works independently to construct highly complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance; coaches others on model development
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps
- Manages complex, time-sensitive market research projects and prepares synthesized intelligence reports with clear implications
- Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities
- Partners with business leaders to develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions
- Budget as detailed in Impact section Large / complex / single or multiple regions
- May include detailed design of sponsors’ high-level concept High risk
- Manages project financials including business impact
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to Management
- Manages upper level stakeholder relationships, stakeholder relationships and project team
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size generally greater than 20 people from multiple countries
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members
- Provides detailed performance review input and development recommendations for team members
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution
- Actively participates in company professions program and Practice Improvement activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years of work experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or a related functional area
- 3+ years of experience in a project management capacity (related to understanding the entire software development lifecycle specifically)
- Managing external deliverables and timelines
- MS Project experience
- ALM experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Business Analyst, Charleston, WV, West Virginia