Positions in this function conduct and manage requirements gathering sessions with internal and external clients. These requirements are used to configure a claims processing system (similar to Facets, HealthRules or QNXT). In this role you will facilitate sessions, analyze artifacts, including policy booklets and procedures, and document detailed configuration requirements. After approvals are received from initial gathering of requirements, you will then manage any change in requirements via the change control process. The requirements analysts support the configuration team throughout the entire implementation process.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
This role is office based in Eden Prairie, MN. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges as long as you are able to travel to Minnesota 25% of the time for meetings and training.
Analyze root cause issue, problem solve and provide key recommendations for improvements
Resolve complex business problems (technical, product, service, process, operations, organizational) that affect multiple functions/disciplines and/or customers (internal/external) and develop innovative solutions
Work across a matrix environment to engage appropriate internal and external partners to assure successful analysis, option determination and tactical execution
Manage issues, risks, project work and deliverables
Ensure issue identification, understanding and buy-in of proposed solutions occurs from key operations, product and technology business partners
Effectively engage and partner with cross-functional teams to create and deliver solutions
Obtain commitment from individuals and groups to ensure succes
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or equivalent related work experience
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis and/or technology analysis
- 2+ years of experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes required
- 3+ years of healthcare and/or health insurance experience
- 2+ years of experience working with intake processes and software (such as ServiceNow, SalesForce, or ALM)
- Intermediate or greater level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Non local applicants must be willing and able to travel to MN 25% of the time for meetings and training
- Large-scale platform implementation or migration experience
- Knowledge of data structures within a health plan configuration system (e.g. Facets)
- Ability to clearly articulate (both verbal and written) project status and issues
- Agile or project management training a plus
- Visio and PowerPoint experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational abilities are essential
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Ability to manage multiple assignments while maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analyst, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter