As an Advisory Services Consultant, Business Analyst, you'll provide people, process and technology consulting services to strengthen and improve health care operations that result in stronger financial returns and a healthier health care system. You'll use your strong business and technology acumen to work closely with clients to define, develop and implement business requirements to ensure needs are captured and critical deliveries are executed. This consulting career gives you the opportunity to share in a mission that inspires. You'll see your ideas come to life and your achievements recognized. You won’t find more interesting challenges. And you won’t find smarter people working together to solve them. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Limited travel is required for this role (less than 25% on average over a year’s time, but may involve Monday through Thursday travel for multiple concurrent weeks to satisfy specific client project requirements). Consultants who are not local to an Optum office facility work from a home office when not at the client site.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with business and technology departments to define deliverables and develop solutions that are reusable across the organization
- Create written and oral communication artifacts that effectively summarize findings, support fact based recommendations and provides appropriate detail to substantiate conclusions
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Perform minor project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans, and presentations to client leadership
- Identify and document business process re-engineering opportunities including current and future state process flows
- Define, develop and document business requirements to ensure clients' needs are captured and delivered (e.g. use case-based Business Requirements Documents with evidence demonstrating competence writing unique, code-able, testable business requirements; user stories Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Work closely with Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Architects, Business Partners and other Technology teams to ensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases and documenting defects (e.g. test case development; active participation and oral communication through defect triaging, use of application lifecycle management tools through code promotion)
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies (standup, sprint planning, retrospective, release planning)
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution within teams
- Clearly communicate design solutions, requirements, status updates and outcomes to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Act as the liaison between Business and Systems Analysts, Developers and Project Management groups
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives
- Lead and mentor other Analysts
- 3+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, Project Management, Business Process Improvement, Data Analysis
- 3+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) /System Development Life Cycle
- 2+ years of building/creating project deliverables with the ability to manage complex work-streams
- 4+ years of experience with MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Based in greater Minneapolis, MN OR ability to relocate at own expense to Minnesota OR ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior military experience in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Experience in all phases of Agile, Scrum, and other Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Prior experience in a Management Consulting/Professional Consulting organization
- Healthcare experience
- Experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Document new APIs / Services and modify existing ones after evaluating the following: user stories, business requirements, high level design documents and database models
- Experience with the following tools/applications: SAS, SQL, Tableau, JIRA, CA Agile, Aha!
- Experience working in a product development/management environment
- Ability to work in highly technical and matrixed fast-paced environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OptumConsulting, Telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting