We're changing the landscape of health care with people like you, who really know how to get down to business. When you join us at UnitedHealth Group as a Senior Business Process Analyst, you will use your sharp business skills to assist in creating, controlling and improving business processes. You will solve complex problems as you serve as a resource to others on your elite team. You will diagnose process improvement opportunities, create process designs and develop solutions. You will also provide quality analysis, and develop plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement. You'll be in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people live healthier lives. You'll be doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Be the business subject matter expert: gain an extensive understanding of business processes as it relates to member out of pocket, as well as the relevant systems to serve as a valuable resource
- Research and perform root cause analysis of member issues, problem solve, and provide key recommendations for process improvements
- Review complex financial member reconciliations and respond to inquiries
- Resolve complex business problems (technical, system, process, operational) and develop innovative solutions.
- Diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools
- Document gaps in existing processes and create action plans to resolve
- Create policies and procedures for new processes developed
- Communicate with various parties, internal and external, to support resolution of member out of pocket inquiries/issues and to ensure appropriate processing of claims and submission of related encounter data
- Work cross functionally and influence others to accomplish work with no direct authority
- Present analyses, results and recommendations to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field or equivalent work experience
- Combined 3+ years of experience in the following (must have at least 2 years in any one category, and 3 years combined):
- performing business / financial analysis
- performing financial audits
- Background that includes an ability to communicate analysis, trends and improvement opportunities to internal/external clients, both verbally and in writing
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- U.S. based; able to work Pacific time zone hours
- CPA or MBA in Business Administration
- 2+ years of experience in project managing or managing an operational process
- 2+ years of MS Project, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Visio
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Previous Healthcare Industry experience
- Previous Team Lead or Project Lead experience
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.