In this role and function, you will create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. You will consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. You may preform analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements as well as create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise.Primary Responsibilities:
- Translates customer needs into high quality systems solutions and ensures effective operational outcomes
- Gather, validate and translate business or technical requirements
- Understand & apply technology to solve business problems
- Ensure non-functional requirements are considered as part of solution (e.g. reliability, availability, security, usability)
- Understand and apply software development methodologies
- Collaborate in testing process to ensure business requirements are accounted for in solution testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Administration, IT or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in business systems analysis
- Experience gathering requirements from the client / business and documenting
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes
- Experience in Agile methodology & mobile development
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Business Systems Analyst, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota