No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Consultant Network Performance Management is responsible for providing support and guidance on network development initiatives, network performance and optimization initiatives, provider network and data operations, provider reimbursement strategies and network management programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide support and guidance on network development initiatives, network performance and optimization initiatives, provider network and data operations, provider reimbursement strategies and network management programs
- Serve as a subject matter expert for network performance programs such as affordability/ cost of care, provider compensation, provider utilization and cost management
- Provide project management support for consulting engagements
- Provide consulting support for client engagements
- Assist in the development of written proposals and power point decks to support business development efforts
- Support root cause analysis and develop targeted interventions designed to improve provider network performance in managing medical cost and quality outcomes
- Assist with the development and execution of strategic plans to support targeted network performance improvement interventions for medical cost efficiency, quality outcomes and access to care measures
- Support the development, launch and execution of new consulting offerings and technical tools managed by the provider network management consulting practice group
- Write programs in SAS or SQL to support consulting engagement deliverables
- Perform in-person presentations for clients related to network provider data
- 5+ years of experience in quality outcomes, cost efficiency and provider data operations
- Base SAS Programmer or Advanced SAS Programmer Certification
- Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge of SQL
- 3+ years of Database experience with Oracle, Microsoft, Tableau and/or Teradata
- 3+ years of network performance related report development experience in SAS or SQL
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- 3+ years of network performance management experience (i.e. affordability/ cost of care programs, network benchmarking of provider contracts)
- 3+ years of network experience with a Payer
- 3+ year of experience with standard and non-standard supplemental data
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to dynamic working environments
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Travel, Consultant, Healthcare Consultant, Network Management, Provider Contracting, Provider Engagement, Big 5, Program Management, Health care, Provider, Payer, Eden Prairie, MN, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home, Oracle
Tableau, Teradata, SQL, SAS, OptumConsulting.