Positions in this function are responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality. Depending on the specific role and business line, example responsibilities in this function could include creating specifications to bring data into a common structure, creating product specifications and models, developing data solutions to support analyses, performing analysis, interpreting results, developing actionable insights and presenting recommendations for use across the company. Roles in this function could partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization. Other roles involved could include producing and managing the delivery of activity and value analytics to external stakeholders and clients. Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data. Positions in this function work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: production of standard or self-service operational reporting, casual inference led (healthcare analytics) or data pattern recognition (data science) analysis; and/or image or unstructured data analysis using sophisticated theoretical frameworks.
- Collaborate with the State of Arkansas to support their analytical requests
- Design, produce and test reports using several different tools
- Work with the customer to ensure the specified requirements meet the end goal of the analysis
- Work closely with the Data Management team to streamline and automate reoccurring analytical needs
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of successful data analysis experience with Medicaid or Healtcare data
- 3+ years of SQL Experience
- 1+ year experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Previous experience with Medicaid, MMIS development, management of projects that required collaboration with other vendors, and management of projects of similar size and complexity desirable
- Experience with Cognos, Tableau or Informatica
- Experience with Relational Databases (prefer oracle)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.