If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position will aid in the development, management, and execution of analytics for OptumRx clinical products. Responsibilities include, ad hoc report creation, maintenance of existing processes and code, and nurturing a strong relationship with external partners to ensure prompt and accurate reporting. To be successful in this role, candidates will need to possess a basic understanding of relational databases, strong communication skills, and problem solving to complete complex tasks.
- Create automated and self-service SAS programs for OptumRx clinical products
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Perform quality review of output provided
- Partner with IT in implementing new processes into existing reporting
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues
- Use Data Science techniques to preform quantitative analytics on structured Data
Collaborate with internal analytic stakeholders to produce new analytic models and forecasting tools
- Undergraduate degree in data science, mathematics, computer engineering, public health or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in data science and analytics, which has included translating analytic concepts, approaches, and results
- 3+ years of experience writing or executing code in SAS or SQL
- Advanced degree in data science, mathematics, computer engineering, public health or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience writing and executing code using R and/or Python
- Experience working within a PBM or healthcare organization
- Experience in conducting analytic projects using administrative pharmacy and medical claims
- Experience working with clinical quality measures
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: data analysis, SAS, SQL, Python, PBM, clinical, Chicago, IL, Illinois