BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SR. DATA SCIENTIST, MEMBERSHIP ANALYTICS
The Membership Analytics Team is BJ’s internal advanced analytics consultancy. The Team is responsible for a wide range of analysis in support of BJ’s efforts to strengthen member loyalty, improve retention, acquire high quality members and increase member lifetime value. The Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for leveraging BJ’s wealth of data though the use of advanced statistical methods.
- Extract actionable insights from complex datasets using data mining, statistics, and database techniques to measure/understand/improve member acquisition/engagement KPIs
- Apply Data Science methods along with project management skills to assist in developing new approaches to member acquisition, engagement and promotion
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure data-driven answers are provided and recommended
- Build reports, dashboards, and other analytical tools to help communicate the state of business
- Apply data mining/machine learning/statistics in areas outside of membership/marketing
- Works with and streamlines established data warehouses, production data, and available tools to build strategic datasets in support of key initiatives
- Establishes and systematically performs processes to assess and validate data accuracy
- Experience with data ETL in at least one of the following scripting language: Python/R/SAS/SQL
- Experience developing and productionizing machine learning models (supervised/unsupervised learning, linear/logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks)
- Experience with AWS preferred
- Minimum 5 years of data analysis/processing experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Data Science and Analytics background with the ability to apply analytical skills to business problems
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer.
- Limited travel may be required periodically throughout the year.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.