Positions in this function produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from unstructured, diverse datasets typically measured in gigabytes or larger. Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. Works with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and others to perform analysis and interpret data. This function is not intended for employees performing the following work: less complex analysis on small data sets; rules-based algorithmic or descriptive analytics; development of big data infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain targeting models for acquisition marketing and member retention programs using machine learning techniques and statistical methods
- Provide thought leadership on modeling techniques to more junior data scientists
- Engineer new data features for optimization of existing and new models
- Work closely with data engineers to automate model scoring and delivery
- Analyze marketing program performance, including test reporting, and provide recommendations to marketers on program improvement opportunities
- 3+ years of work experience with predictive modeling techniques or statistical methods
- 2+ years of experience programming in SAS OR R/Python
- Experience using machine learning techniques
- Strong SQL skills to pull and prepare data for model development
- Ability to consolidate and process large datasets from various sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Marketing and Healthcare background
- Experience with Tableau reporting suite
- Experience with Unix shell scripting and Big Data tools (Hadoop Ecosystem)
- Leadership experience
- Natural Language Processing or Artificial Neural Network experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Predictive modeling, SAS, Python, R, machine learning, SQL, Tableau, Unix, Hadoop, natural language process, artificial neural network