Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo’s Financial Systems and Technology Group (FST) within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is seeking a Lead Database Tuning and Performance Analyst to work on the development team for the OFSAA-based Datamart applications. This position will play a key technical role and be responsible for contributing to the design, development, tuning, implementation and maintenance of the specialized, highly complex software in the areas of regulatory and risk reporting, OLTP applications, and data warehousing. The team has enterprise-wide exposure internally to senior management, lines of business and compliance / audit functions and externally to regulatory agencies.
- Provides the highest technical expertise for the performance analysis, design, capacity planning, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
- Leads complex and critical data / database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long-range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Serves as a consultant on technological advancements.
Note: The only work location for this position is 401 South Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 5+ years of PL/SQL experience
- 7+ years of Oracle experience
- 3+ years of experience with Oracle database performance monitoring, database and SQL tuning tools such as Explain plan, AWR, or Grid control
- 5+ years of performance tuning experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Data modeling experience
- 4+ years of hands on experience in Oracle 12c/11g environment
- 3+ years of planned and coordinated DB space management experience and working with storage concepts (Rebuilds, Compression, Logging, Cache)
- 2+ years of Oracle Exadata experience
- Experience in large (2+ TB) database tuning and optimization
- Played the role of lead support analyst, including triage duties and outage coordination.
- Acted as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting.
- Should also be knowledgeable and have experience working with large scale applications, preferably financial, in large scale organizations
- Previous exposure to Accounting / Financial applications a plus
- Understanding of Kimball Methodology, Star Schemas, Slowly changing dimensions, Database and data security, large scale Financial Services Data
- Wells Fargo application development experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.