PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Sr. Development Planning Analyst is responsible to create, build and manage workflows of key development process and information flows. The outputs of these systems are mission critical to achieving enterprise wide deliverables across departments and Brands in support of delivering New Restaurant Openings, Remodels and capital projects. Position will also manage information flows to real estate, construction, franchising, project management and facilities maintenance feed into critical development models and programs.
The position leads the oversight of the accuracy to this information and ensures its timely delivery. This role will oversee and execute a wide array of these processes provide the transparency needed to ensure new site and remodel deliverables are correctly accounted throughout key development systems. These systems in turn are the initial feed in various enterprise wide systems as the lead element to key tracking systems that support financial reporting at the highest levels.
- New Restaurant Process Management; Execute all processes like, New Site info qualification process, Dead site and Dead Project inventory management, Remodel Site Selection info process, Verification of Ops alignment for all brands across all development programs and constant updating. Potential close verification qualification and management, Actual Vs. AOP Exp. Info Process, AOP Forecasting, and period reporting. Quarterly Board Deck metrics process.
- Create, build and manage the workflow for Real Estate processes to gather sales predicting models including site master surveys. Running any desktop pre-work necessary for the DRE's in the field. Run simple analytics against first round results to assure accuracy and develop next steps for marginal packages.
- Remodels -- Gathering Construction and Ops Department's Qualitative analysis. Running a qualification process on Remodel, Rebuild or relocate decisions support for all Corp owned sites.
- Franchise -- Working closely with Franchise services and evaluating, verifying and qualifying data and information from the development team and Fran Services system to ensure accuracy on timing period close vs live data reconciliations to use a basis of decisions, forecasts and back-up support for development models and analytics.
- Decision Support - All the above programs require high level decisions based on best quality data and this role will be making independent judgements on the viability of the information. The Development Process manager will need to validate and make available all appropriate back up ensuring that the information shared is properly supported and reliable for use of development decisions
- Project Management -- Lead and drive key development projects as directed by the management team. Projects like, Lucernex integration to FS Tracker, and Oracle. This role will need to independently solve information flow and use issues, and solve problems with information accountability outside normal reporting roles as these issues happen across so many brands and departments.
(Other important duties/responsibilities)
- Partnership -- Establish relationships and work closely with development team leads (Franchising, Real Estate, Design and Construction) to ensure information systems requirements/processes/workflows are fully understood, assimilated and consistently followed. Provide training to teams; communicate and educate teams on changes and upgrades.
- Work closely with the Franchise, Real Estate and Construction teams to assist them with the strategic information management processes (information collection compilation and movement). Assess the processes and requirements for improvement opportunities by working closely with sys admin team
- Manage Franchise
- Required Minimum: BS degree in Business Administration or Finance and 5-6 years related experience
- Preferred: Experience in Real Estate, Construction and Design, project management
- Required Minimum: 5-6 years' experience managing Development Processes (commercial) in a high paced environment
- Tenured experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial role.
- Retail or Restaurant chain development in franchised organization
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational skills
- Expert attention to details
- Project management skills
- Ability to recognize and communicate opportunities for improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Power point
- Ability to work effectively with teams/individuals outside direct work group
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Business financial analysis and budgeting skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills