Are you a thought leader who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges? At UnitedHealth Group, you will be part of Optum - the consulting leader in health care innovation.
As the Sr. Director, Front Office Transformation, you will direct cross-functional consulting teams and influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas and approaches within the sales, product management, actuarial, and underwriting functions of our Payer clients. Here you will help rewrite the future of UnitedHealth Group as you participate in the development of business strategy and lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
Join us. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
- Draw upon your experience working in and with the Front Office of health plans (sales, product management, actuarial, underwriting) to transform processes via best practices and implementation of new tools and processes
- Lead and cultivate client relationships and business development, leveraging existing C-Suite relationships and establishing new ones
- Grow Consulting revenues and operating income with existing and prospective clients as a client relationship and business development leader
- Leverage your personal network to identify new clients and expand existing client business in the Payer market
- Proven sales acumen, with ability to sell large Consulting / services engagements
- Oversee project teams on client assignments and understand our clients' business and place within the market, while acting as a main point of contact and managing project deliverables
- Mentor and develop an elite team of consulting analysts
- Establish your position as an industry thought leader as it relates to Front Office transformation and earn recognition as the "go-to" person in this area, both internally and externally
- Foster a greater understanding of this competency among internal and external colleagues and constituents
- Design and implement new services and approaches related to optimizing a Payer's Front Office
- Manage a variety of initiatives while driving momentum of key projects
- Bachelor's degree obtained from an accredited university
- 10+ years of Front Office experience at a health plan or in a related consulting role
- 5+ years of working in a Management Consulting/Professional Consulting organization
- 5+ years of experience overseeing a team of direct reports and/or managing staff aligned to your projects
- 5+ years of successfully managing Client relationships and Client delivery goals
- Demonstrated quota attainment in Consulting sales and proven track record of 3%+ year-over-year client relationship expansion and growth
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
- Prior consulting experience including project management and business development
- Experience with a broad range of Payer functional areas, ideally in an operational capacity
- Experience with global delivery and BPO/SaaS models
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: optuminsightconsulting, optumconsulting, optuminsight