Job ID 40763
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Alternate Position Location Orlando/FL
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Human Resources
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Sr. Director of Human Resources, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of the Sr. Director of Human Resources position is to be a strategic business partner responsible for the alignment of all Divisional & Regional Human Resources initiatives within the company. In addition the Sr. Director of Human Resources will assist in maintaining successful labor-management and union relationships at the facilities, implement employee programs and company policies and objectives.
As the Sr. Director of Human Resources, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing a visionary approach in support of the established culture, values and leadership for the organization while defining goals and implementing effective processes and practices that will propel the organization forward and achieve business results through effective human capital strategies. The Sr. Director of Human Resources works with the VP of Human Resources and other members of the management team to oversee the human resources function of all the long term care facilities within Consulate Health Care. Champion the value system of the company while effectively dealing with strategic issues that will expand and improve the overall operations of Consulate Health Care. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the VP of Human Resources to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, leads, and develops the Divisions, Regional Human Resources teams. (Regional Directors of Employee Relations & Regional Recruiters)
- Directs the talent acquisition initiatives for the Division.
- Directs and maintains successful employee relations programs and employee relationships.
- Partners with the Sr. VP of Litigation & VP of Labor Relations on management and labor/union officials in development, application and interpretation of labor relations policies and practices.
- Partners Sr. VP of Litigation & VP of Labor Relations in representing management in contract negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements.(CBA)
- Monitors implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with company policy along with terms of labor contracts.
- Must partner and consult with Division President & Division team to ensure the development and implementation of a broad, well-balanced and effective employee relations, talent acquisition, & labor relations strategy.
- Continually assesses facilities vulnerability to union organizing and closely monitor union activity within the long term care community.
- Monitor impact of internal change initiatives on employee engagement and union organizing.
- Manage key performance indicators (KPI) and all related employee engagement metrics.
- Attends monthly operations meeting and discuss HR’s KPI’s and related and employee relations issues.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of all federal and state regulations, such as COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), etc.
- Assists in oversight responsibilities for the administration of employee services and benefit programs.
- Develops, recommend and monitor wage and salary administration plans to ensure compliance with the FLSA.
- Advise facility management team on all labor and legal issues.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with state and federal agencies, such as the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and other regulatory agencies
- Conduct employee engagement survey and assists with the analysis of the results.
- Provides feedback to the facilities and works with administrators to implement the action plan from the employee engagement survey.
- Coordinate training at facilities as needed- supervisory, diversity, communication, benefits, etc.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Minimum of ten (10) years human resources leadership experience in all disciplines related to the human resources field and labor relations. , BA or BS in business, human resources management or related field required.
Healthcare human resources background highly desirable.
Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially MS Excel and Word.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Good written correspondence and communication skills.
- Strong customer-service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients