What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless.
You'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. Optum Advisory Services is looking to expand their offerings within the Health Management pillar. The group is planning to hire a senior resource to support the expected growth of population health management consulting.
This position will work in the area of care management, including utilization, case, disease, and transition management for either payers and/or providers. The role will lead complex client engagements, provide subject matter expertise related to care management, manage business and practice development activities, and have operational leadership duties within the Health Management pillar.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
**Travel is typical for this role and our associates leave out early Monday and return late on Thursday. Location of residence is flexible for this role; however, travel is a requirement
- Business Development, Practice Development, and Thought Leadership (~33% Time Allocation):
- Define the business development strategy for a subset of the practice, as required
- Own and manage sales accounts, leads, pursuits, and proposals
- Identify and own the development of new Population Health Management consulting solutions that will be brought to market, leveraging research and internal resources
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Identify opportunities for sales and business development collaboration with other Optum business segments
- Develop thought leadership and share point of view in various mediums
- Program Delivery and Oversight (~67% Time Allocation):
- Direct responsibility for the delivery oversight of large scale program execution. Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and / or high risk
- Facilitate development of business segment and enterprise level planning and program objective setting
- Participate in senior level program funding and prioritization decision processes
- Provide strategic input to the development of program roadmap and timelines
- Create a team oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Support the management of resources within programs
- Support program communication plan and execution
- Require that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program
- Provide status updates and review of programs to senior leadership
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- 6+ years of healthcare background
- 5+ years of experience in high demand population health management consulting - related areas, including utilization, case, disease, and / or transition management for payers and / or providers
- 5+ years of experience big 5 or large consulting organization experience in provider and / or payer consulting
- 2+ years of experience with strategic / management consulting, such as rapid assessments, future state design, roadmapping, strategic planning, etc.
- 2+ years of experience leading consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects / programs
- Experience related to business development, including engagement estimating, statement of work development, add on consulting to exiting engagements, etc.
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment
- Professional competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Ability to travel up to 80%
- Experience developing consulting offerings
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: provider, consulting, population health management, revenue cycle management, patient access, admitting, charge integrity, denials management, recovery, patient accounting, financial services, compliance, patientcenter medical home, PCMH, accountable care organization, ACOs, risk-bearing providers, billing, reimbursement, hospital accounting, EMR, OptumConsulting, telecommute, remote, work from home, travel