The Merchandise Planning Systems team plays a critical role in enabling the merchandise planning and allocation at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We use data, complex quantitative methods and application development discipline to deliver unique solutions to enable our Merchandising organization to plan and execute. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about Merchandise Planning Systems and bring innovation and thought leadership.
The Senior Director will lead a dynamic team focused on design, development and maintenance of Bed, Bath & Beyond’s portfolio of systems - Retail Merchandising, Assortment Planning, Space Planning, Demand Planning, Allocation and Replenishment. S/He would partner with business and other IT partners to accomplish the team’s objectives.
- Be a key leader within the Merchandising Systems organization, delivering our next generation of products, used by our expansive buying and planning teams.
- Responsible for developing and pro-actively supporting current systems
- Lead a team of architects, business analysts, data scientists, developers, project managers and quality analysts
- Partner with business and IT cross functional teams to provide technical leadership to translate business needs into technical designs. Responsible for the overall application architecture to include availability, stability, scalability, security, and recoverability of all solutions.
- Provide architectural oversight for the development team and setting technology direction that is consistent with defined architecture principles, standards, methodologies and best practices.
- Lead or provide executive oversight to all projects in the portfolio
- Oversees people processes and programs across the team to ensure talent for current and future needs by providing functional and technical leadership.
- Attracts, retains, and develops highly effective professionals and support staff.
- Cultivates a bench of leadership and talent to deliver results and support future growth.
- Determines work methods and directs the work of associates.
- Drives the establishment of performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team's performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, projects, etc.) to advance individual and team capability.
- Recognizes initiative, innovation, and work well done to create a positive work environment of excellence.
- Lead through collaboration across the organization to support and govern the introduction of new technologies. Review, align, and drive technology plans with enterprise goals, business plans and business processes.
- Define and promote processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and market trends within the retail space and makes recommendations to align with the business strategic initiatives. Develop and maintain the technology roadmaps that drive innovation within the organization
- Manage change control process for applications within the portfolio
- Work across Bed Bath & Beyond’s brands, including; Bed Bath & Beyond, buybuy Baby, Christmas Tree Shops, Cost Plus World Market, Harmon and One Kings Lane
Who are you
- Proven leader that can inspire a high performing team
- Flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Independent, self-starter
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to executives, business and engineering
- Well versed in both online and integrated retail environments
- Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA is a plus.
- 7+ years of retail inventory management/merchandise planning experience: assortment planning, demand forecasting, allocations & replenishment planning with a good understanding of the science, analytics and optimization techniques driving these solutions.
- Software engineering experience including familiarity with modern application development technologies as well as full lifecycle development practices, including Agile.
- Experience implementing/supporting custom and/or 3rd party merchandising planning/inventory management solutions.
- 4 years of experience directly managing and growing team of direct reports
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.