Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Enterprise Talent Enablement is responsible for leading Portfolio Ownership, Program Management and Project / Process Consulting for the UHG Talent Office. The Enterprise Talent Enablement team focuses on end-to-end talent process enablement across the talent functions (portfolios): Talent Acquisition, Talent Marketing, Talent Management Strategy and Learning & Development. This position provides thought leadership and guidance across the enterprise regarding technologies and processes that serve our current and future workforce. This position will support and drive governance and prioritization across the portfolios, with an emphasis on resource planning, brokering resources from other areas, and enhancements to current talent technologies / experimentation with new and emerging technologies. This role will partner closely with the Human Capital technology and analytics teams as they focus on agreed-upon roadmaps that serve the end users and business partners.
This position reports directly to the VP, Talent Enablement and is part of a flexible team of highly skilled professionals able to support multiple projects and business partner groups simultaneously while also building consistent, effective, and efficient tools and processes to aid UnitedHealth Group businesses in meeting their talent goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive agreement and alignment of priorities across the UHG, Optum and UHC Talent office and broader HC leadership teams utilizing a disciplined approach to understanding and anticipating end user needs and defining a 2-3 year roadmap against which leaders agree we should execute
- Ensuring execution of defined roadmap(s) while also remaining flexible as talent needs and the landscape evolves
- Establish and ensure the team incorporates strong change management principles as they carry out their work
- Influence and align technology and analytics people and system resources against agreed upon roadmaps
- Build and develop a team of Portfolio Owners, Program Managers and Project/Process Consultants
- Along with Human Capital Technology teams, incorporate an understanding of the human capital talent technology landscape (internally and externally) into technology recommendations and decisions
- Develop strong relationships with other parts of the business carrying out similar work to ensure alignment and facilitation of the correct resources
- Ensure a disciplined-approach to decision making and problem-solving, balancing the need for an understanding of user requirements, scalability and driving quality talent decisions across the enterprise
- Be an ambassador for the work being done on your team, influencing others in their decision-making and sponsorship of the roadmaps across each portfolio
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and influence without authority
- Ability to manage expectations
- Strong consultation skills
- Ability to understand business and strategies to recommend changes and efficiencies
- Ability to plan and reason at a conceptual and operational level
- Knowledge of budgeting and experience in budget management
- Strong knowledge of the technology landscape, within HR technologies preferred
- BS/ BA degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading a team responsible for enabling other functions - either in a product or technology team
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 5+ years of senior level human capital experience
- Experience delivering solutions on time and on budget, utilizing resources across multiple functions
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Director, Talent Enablement, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home